An Introduction to Integrating with Salesforce
This article covers the following:
Here's an overview of how the integration works:
- An integration with Salesforce.com allows information to be shared between Salesforce and the Influitive platform, primarily for the purpose of creating robust advocate profiles based on information from their contact record in Salesforce
- An AppExchange Package that allows you to add custom objects into your Salesforce layout. These custom objects will then be populated with information from the Influitive platform.
- Professional Edition users of Salesforce must have the integration via Web Services API enabled (typically not included in the default Professional Edition)
These are the functionalities you'll have access to by using our Salesforce-AdvocateHub integration:
- Update an advocate's profile with information from their Salesforce Contact Record for better segmentation. Learn more about Automatic Customer Data Import
- Surface a list of Advocacy Activities completed by an advocate on their contact record in Salesforce. Learn more about Viewing Advocacy Information In Salesforce. Let's say you are about to
- Allow Salesforce users to nominate Salesforce contacts to become advocates. Learn more about Nominating Contacts In Salesforce.
- Allow advocates to suggest referrals that are then passed into Salesforce. Learn more about Referrals 2.0.
- Report on advocacy within Salesforce. Check out these Salesforce Dashboards for inspiration.
- Allow Salesforce users to request a reference call with an advocate for an active opportunity. Learn more about the Reference Request Feature.
The integration with SFDC will enrich your advocate data in your Influitive platform with SFDC data. This additional data can be used to segment your advocates and better target which advocates should receive certain challenges as well as automatically
An SFDC contact record is also updated with the date they were added to your Influitive platform as well as the day they actually joined. This data can be used for other purposes such as passing it to your marketing automation system for segmentation purposes to identify advocates
Connecting SFDC and Influitive will allow any SFDC user the ability to recommend potential advocates (called "nominees") that should be added to your Influitive platform. This is typically done
You can decide if you want to automatically send out an invite to these newly added nominees or review these contacts first and send a more personalized invitation.
Your sales team always wants qualified leads. One of the great benefits of the AdvocateHub is that it easily allows you to put your advocates to work to generate referrals for your sales team. The Influitive platform expedites the process by seamlessly passing these leads to SFDC and updates the SFDC lead source to "Influitive" so you get the credit!
Have you had a sales rep come to you needing a
SFDC users can easily request that a reference challenge
So if you have Salesforce, don't wait to take advantage of these great features. To get started, be sure to review the AppExchange Package for AdvocateHub Installation Guide.