The Digest is an email sent to advocates containing a summary of new challenges and discussions. It’s a great way to remind your advocates to visit your hub and to drive engagement.
How does it work?
The email contains:
- Challenges: Up to 6 newly published challenges that are targeted to the advocate, including challenges that are part of a channel. The first 6 published will be included, in the order that they were originally published (republishing a challenge has no impact). If a challenge notification email is scheduled for a newly published challenge, that challenge will not be included in the Digest.
- Discussions Topics: The 6 most recent unread topics since the last Digest email went out.
As an admin, you can configure the email on the Email / Digest Settings section of the Settings page.
You can choose between three different frequencies:
- Daily: Advocates will receive the Digest every day of the week, provided that new challenges were published or there was new discussions activity before 12PM EST that day. No email will be sent when there is no new content for that day.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: Advocates will receive the Digest on Tuesdays and Thursdays, provided that new challenges were published or there was new discussions activity before 12PM EST on the respective day. No email will be sent when no new content has been created since the last email was sent.
- Mondays: Advocates will receive the Digest on Mondays, provided that new challenges were published or there was new discussions activity before Monday at 12PM EST. No email will be sent when no new content has been created in the last 7 days.
You can also choose the sender of the email. The options are firstname.lastname@example.org or the default sender's email address, which can be configured in the Email / General section of the Settings page.
Since the email is the primary way to drive advocates to visit your hub, it is not possible to turn it off. However, advocates can choose to unsubscribe from this email at any point by clicking the “unsubscribe” option at the bottom of the email.