How to Edit Your Advocate Profile
This article will walk through the following:
Accessing your Profile Edit Page
- Log in to the AdvocateHub using your email/password or with any of the social logins you may have set up.
- Click on your profile name at the top left corner and select Profile from the dropdown menu that appears.
- Select the Pencil Icon
Customizing Different Parts of Your Profile
From here, a window will open and you'll be able to do a number of things, including:
- Edit your Profile (including editing your profile picture, Name, Title, Company, and Timezone)
- Edit your Email Address
- Change your Password
- Change your Email Subscription Preferences (see below)
- Add/Change your Social Media accounts connection (see below)
- Enter your Shipping Information
Change your Email Subscription Preferences
From the Notification tab, advocates can indicate which email types that they want to receive by checking or unchecking the checkbox. Don't forget to click Save Profile button once you're happy with the changes.
Add/Change your Social Media accounts
- Associate a new Social Media Account
Before you do anything, we recommend opening the social media site that you would like to connect in a new page and then log out of it. Otherwise, the association will happen automatically, without giving you the chance to ensure you're using the desired social account.
Also, make sure the account you're using isn't already associated with a different AdvocateHub email address/account. If you encountered an "Account already taken" error, please consult with the following article - Social Media Account Already Taken Error
To associate your social media account from your Profile, click on the Social tab from your profile edit page, choose the Social Media account that you would like to connect and click the Associate button. Doing so will open a page that asks you to sign into the social site/account of your choice. After a successful sign in, you'll be directed back to the application, where you'll see a message indicating whether the association was successful or not.
If you find a challenge that requires you to use one of your social media accounts that you haven't yet associated, you will be prompted to do so, select Sign in with.... Here's an example:
- Removing your Social Media Account
You can choose to remove the connection of your social media account so that you can connect it to another advocate account. Each social media connection can only be connected to one advocate account (email address).
- Re-authorizing an Expired Social Media Account
Your social media authorizations could expire after a certain period of time or undergone a change of password. In these cases, you can easily reconnect by clicking the Reauthorize button to reconnect your connection.
- Re-setting your Social Media Account
Sometimes, if you're having issues with your Social Share challenges, resetting your social media account will fix things up.
- Change your Social Media visibility on your profile
Click on the eye icon if you choose to hide or show the link to your social media icon in your profile card for other users to see.
Here's what it looks like if the social media links are visible in the user's profile: