This article will cover:
What are Standard Profile Fields?
Standard Profile Fields: The fields included on every Influitive user’s profile and are visible to the end-user on their profile, these include:
- Profile Image
- Job Title
Few notes about Standard Fields capabilities:
- These fields titles (E.g. looking to change 'Company' to 'School') cannot be customized.
- The field values can be edited or changed by the end-user through their Profile Edit page.
- Administrators can also edit the values of these Standard Profile fields through the user's profile page > Edit > Save. However, we recommend administrators to be careful in changing information on joined advocates since it can lead to a poor user experience when the user has initially updated these Name, Title and Company information.
What are Custom Profile Fields?
Custom Profile Fields: The fields created by administrators for custom values they would like to store. End users don’t see these fields on their profile. You can create as many as you'd like and name them whatever you'd like.
Note: Previously called Match Categories or Match Criteria.
Some examples include:
- Product Used
- Account Owner
- Reason for Joining
- Customer Journey Stage
- Renewal Date
Create Custom Profile Fields
To create new custom profile fields, go to Settings > System > Custom Profile Fields > Add Custom Profile Field.
Once created, you can view the values of a current advocate's custom profile fields, go to their profile page, click Edit, and choose the "Custom Profile Fields" tab. You will be able to manually type in or update the fields from here.
Visible Public Custom Profile Fields
Profile Fields can now be made visible to members on their profile only. Profile Fields can be created as different types: Text and Single Select Picklist.
This feature enables Hub member to see and update the data points that are important to the program thus keeping their data up to date and accurate. This field will not be visible to other members of the Hub, it is only visible to the profile owner.
How public profile fields works:
- When creating a profile field, admins can choose the profile field type and whether it will be visible to members. Members can see these fields on their profile and can update with text or a single select picker.
- Admins can set a type on their profile fields to pick list while providing the input options that will be presented to members.
- Field Type cannot be changed, nor options modified if data exists in a field for a user.
- Customers can also map to their picklist profile fields in a Challenge Question Stage, in which case the options to choose from will be pre-filled into the question.
- Pick list values can be used in anything targetable.
- When importing data from Salesforce for a picklist field, only a valid option will be accepted.
More notes about Standard Fields capabilities:
- All Profile Fields can be used to create targeting rules for Groups, Challenges, Rewards, etc.
- You can view the custom profile fields on the Members > Advocates Tab page. To do this, you will need to add the custom columns: Managing Custom Columns in Advocates Tab
- Currently, only text fields are supported in Custom Profile Field.
- There are 255 character limit on each Custom Profile Field.
- Deleting the Custom Profile Field from the Admin settings page will also remove the profile field values from the Hub. There is no way to retrieve it once deleted so please be careful.
How do I update Custom Profile Fields?
There are four ways that the administrators can update the Custom Profile Fields:
Manually update by editing the user's profile
This method is most suited when you only need to update a few advocates' profiles. To do this, navigate to the user's profile, click on the blue Edit button, and then click on the Custom Profile Fields tab. Don't forget to click Save Profile when complete.
Bulk Update using a CSV Import
If you would like to update several advocates all at once, this is the ideal solution. To do this, you will simply need to include the user's email address and the Custom Profile Fields data that you wish to update in the CSV file. You can leave the rest of the columns blank. Importing blank values does not overwrite or erase previously existing data.
Please view the Managing Multiple Advocates with a CSV Import article for a deeper explanation.
Salesforce integration via the Automatic Customer Data Import
Administrators can pull data from SFDC into Custom Profile Fields. Please view the Automatic Customer Data Import article for a deeper explanation.
API Call Request
Profile fields can be updated via an API Request - https://influitive.readme.io/reference#update-member-referenced-by-id
Challenge Response Mappings
Challenges can be configured to map responses to a profile field. Please view the Profile Field mappings for details.