Challenge Daily Digest
The Challenge Digest is a daily email sent to advocates containing a summary of new challenges that have been published in the last 24 hours.
How does it work?
If an administrator publishes any new challenges before 12PM EST, this will trigger a Challenge Digest email to advocates with a summary of these new challenges. The Challenge Digest email will start to send at 12PM EST and the time that the advocate receives the email will depend on how long the system takes to process the send. The email is not sent when no new challenges have been published in the last 24 hours.
In this Digest email, advocates will only see newly published challenges that are targeted to them. Advocates who are not targeted in the challenge will not receive the Challenge Digest. It will also include challenges that are part of an Experience if those challenges are targeted at the advocate.
It is not possible to turn off or edit the Challenge Daily Digest. Administrators are also not able to choose the time of day that the digest is sent. Advocates can unsubscribe from this email if they choose at any point by clicking on the Unsubscribe option at the bottom of the email.
- If no new challenges are published in the past day, the digest is not sent.
- If a challenge notification email is scheduled/sent for a newly published challenge, that challenge will not be included in the digest.
- The email will come from the Hub's name rather than the administrator's default sender address. This will help advocates distinguish system emails from that of direct Administrator requests.
- The new digest shows a maximum of 6 newly published challenges. It will include the first 6 that were published within that timeframe.
- Republishing a challenge will not trigger the Challenge Daily Digest.
What does the Challenge Digest look like?
Let's take a look at what a sample Challenge Digest email looks like:
Can I control how often the Challenge Digest is sent?
While it is not possible to turn off the Challenge Digest, there are a couple of best practices that you can use if you wish to limit how often the Digest is sent to advocates:
- Publish all new challenges once or twice a week: by limiting the number of days when you publish new challenges, you will reduce the number of times that the Challenge Digest is sent
- Use the "Notify Advocates" feature for each challenge published before the system sends out the daily digest at 12PM EST in order to avoid sending notification emails twice. This manual notification will supersede the Digest email. Even by sending to one advocate, this manual notification will override the Challenge Digest. For example, you can send to one test advocate, and doing this will prevent the all the daily digest from being sent for that challenge.
- If a challenge is published and there is a scheduled challenge notification before
12PMEST on Monday for example, the daily digest will not be sent out. However, if the challenge is published after 12PMEST on a Monday, it will go out in Tuesday's digest.