Introduction To The Influitive API
The Influitive Event API allows user actions that happen within external systems (communities, learning management systems, Marketo, etc) to be logged in Influitive. These actions can then trigger badges, rewards, and/or points to be awarded to advocates. These can then be used for segmentation purposes as well.
Most API endpoints (with the exception of AdvocateAnywhere) require the use of an API Token. You can retrieve this token by following these steps:
- Log into your Influitive instance, and click on your name in the top right of the screen, from the dropdown select Integrations
- Find the integration named Influitive API. Enable that integration if it's not currently active.
- Click on Manage. A pop-up will appear with your API Token. All requests to Influitive must include this token in requests, within the Authorization header. Some API calls require an X_ORG_ID, which is also provided in the Influitive API configuration settings.
What Can I Do with the Influitive API?
Click on each link to see the definition, examples,
- [GET] Query all members of your AdvocateHub
- [GET] Get details about your own member record
- [GET] Get details about a member identified by email
- [GET] Get details about a member identified by ID
- [POST] Create a member identified by email
- [POST] Invite a member identified by ID
- [POST] Resend invite to a member identified by ID
- [PATCH] Update member referenced by ID
- [PUT] Unsubscribe a contact by email
- [POST] Archive a challenge
- [POST] Publish a challenge
- [POST] Unpublish a challenge
- [POST] Create a challenge off a template
Referrals 2.0 API
- [POST] Create a referral
- [PUT] Advance a referral
- [OPTIONS] Advance a referral from Salesforce workflow
- [GET] List of referrals
- [GET] Show one referral
- [POST] Create/Update/Complete Reference Challenge
- [POST] Post reference type events
- [GET] Get reference completions
We're looking for ways to improve our API documentation, so we welcome your feedback on the article above and our more developer-focused documentation, found here: https://influitive.readme.io. If there's something you'd like to see added / changed, please contact us!