Challenge targeting overview
Here's what this article will cover:
To set the visibility of your challenges to specific advocates, groups, types of advocates, etc. you can simply click on the target icon in the challenge editor (highlighted in blue below).
The targeting settings are divided into two sections - the first related to where the challenge should be displayed, and the second related to whom the challenge should be visible.
Where would you like to display this challenge?
The first step is to choose whether you want this challenge to appear within a Channel, Experience, or on the main Challenges page (i.e. not in a Channel/Experience).
Clicking on the dropdown will allow you to choose an Experience or Channel for this challenge. If you do not intend to put it within a Channel / Experience, you may leave this menu it its default state, that is "- Select an Experience or Channel -".
Who would you like to see this challenge?
Now we will walk through the targeting (segmentation) options available for each challenge you created.
Target Nominees: If you have an Open Sign-up Hub, and your new members start as Nominees, you will want to decide whether or not these users should be able to see this challenge. Check this option to allow them to see it.
Target Advocates: Choose this option every time unless you want this challenge to only show to nominees because you are running an Open Sign-up Hub.
Exclude advocates that meet (any / all) of the following (max 5): Exclusion rules may be added the same way as inclusion rules and behave the same. It is important to note that exclusion rules always take precedence over inclusion rules.
Criteria for inclusion falls into these groups:
- Individuals: Specific advocates.
- Group: The advocate is a member of a specific group
- Advocate Info: Criteria based on information about the advocate (e.g. Industry, Region, Title, etc.)
- Behaviour: How the advocate behaves in your hub (e.g. Engaged, Not Engaged, completed specific challenges, etc)
- Responses: Includes/Excludes advocates based on their response to a question. You can choose to segment an exact response or a response which contains a certain word.