Challenge Emails: Sending Notifications for Challenges
You have created an amazing challenge and you want to make sure all eligible users will be informed that it has been published. You can do this by sending a notification via email to your Hub members. You can either send a challenge notification on the spot, or you can schedule the notification for a future date.
- If your users have opted-out of notifications (unsubscribed), they will not receive these notifications.
- At the moment, challenge email notifications cannot be sent to Hub members who have started (in progress) of the challenge.
- If you have not published a challenge, you will be unable to send a notification.
What this article will cover:
Accessing the Challenge Notification Page
While viewing the list of Challenges in your hub, you will see an elipses beside each of the challenges. Click on the elipses icon for the appropriate challenge.
Click on Send notification to send an email notification to advocates as seen below.
You can also send a notification while on the page for any challenge (see below). In this case, you can click on the blue Send notification button which is above the challenge title.
The Challenge Notification Setup Page
This page is where you manage the messaging, visibility and scheduling for your challenge notifications.
Format your Challenge Email Notification
We provide a default Email Message introducing the challenge to your advocates. You should consider customizing the message to give additional information about the challenge and motivate your advocates. In the Challenge email notification page, you can do the following customizations:
- Change the Subject of the Email
- Edit the content of the Email using the Rich Content Editor. A default email content will be pasted there but you can customize this default content via your Admin Settings Page > Email > Challenge Email.
- Determine a Call to Action button to appear in the email.
- Select which administrator email address to send this Challenge Notification email from. By default, the default sender email address set up in the Hub will be selected.
- You can choose to Send the notifications to all eligible (targeted) Hub members, or only to specific members. You can unmark the "Don't notify advocates who have already received a notification" to include the members who has received the notifications before. Click on the "x contacts will receive or not receive an email" to see the list of members who will receive the email notification.
- Set your Notification send schedule, you can Send Now or schedule the send at a later date. Remember that you can only send it when the challenge is published or scheduled to publish. If your challenge expires or a completion limit is reached, the challenge will become unpublished. Thus, notifications will not be sent.
- You also have the option to Preview the challenge before sending the notification or Send a copy to your email to see the email draft in action.
Some things to remember:
- Notifications can not be sent for unpublished, unscheduled challenges.
- A challenge may only have one scheduled notification at a time.
- To modify the scheduled notification, you must delete the currently scheduled notification and schedule a new one.
- Notifications will respect the targeting rules which exist at the moment they are sent out. Thus, if you change the targeting after scheduling a notification, it will respect the most recent rules.
The Notification Email
Below is an example of what the notification email looks like: