Here's what this article will cover:
- What are Discussions?
- Setup / Welcome Message
- Creating / Editing Forums
- Forum Setup
- What your Discussions will look like to your Advocates
What are Discussions?
The AdvocateHub Discussions is a great place to foster a community. It's another avenue for you to engage with your advocates through conversations, and they'll be able to connect with each other as well.
Once enabled, your community can be found in Advocate View.
From this view, you can create, edit and delete Discussions posts, respond to posts, comment on replies, and like topics and replies. Essentially, from here, you can manage the content on your Discussions.
To configure and enable your Discussions, including the forums and the welcome message, you need to click on your profile name in the top right corner, and then go to Settings > Discussions.
Note: Customers of all tiers have access to our basic Discussions functionality. If you are interested in having unlimited and segmented forums, please check with your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to learn more!
Just so we are all on the same page, here are the definitions and analogy of the appropriate terms used when using Discussions:
- Discussions: is where one or multiple Forums live. Imagine that the Discussions is a book that's filled with chapters.
- Forum: is like the chapters of the book. There could be a number of Forums inside a Discussions. In Advanced Discussions, Forums can be segmented to be visible to specific groups of people.
- Topic: Inside a Forum, there could be multiple topics created. The administrator (moderator) and advocates can create a new topic within the Forum. Think of this as the paragraphs within the chapters.
- Replies and Comments: All users who are able to see the Forum are also able to reply and comment on a specific Topic within a Forum. These could be the sentences that make up the paragraphs within a chapter.
Setup / Welcome Message
To enable Discussions in your hub, go to the Setup / Welcome Message page and toggle the button to the green On position.
Creating / Editing Forums
To edit the forum, click on the ellipsis (... symbol) where a drop down menu with Edit will appear. Click on Edit.
You will be taken to the page displayed below, where you can first edit the forum details. All fields marked with an asterisk are required.
1. Details Tab
The Details tab is where you can edit the forum Name, URL Path and Forum Description. Note that the Forum Name and URL Path are required, whereas the Forum Description is optional.
The Forum Description will appear in the Advocate View under the list of forum names.
2. Targeting Tab
Next, click on the Targeting tab of the Forum Setup page to access the visibility / targeting settings for the forum.
In the same way that you can segment challenges and groups, you may segment your Discussion's forums. The interface is identical to that of the challenge targeting interface, but if you would like more information about targeting and all the options available to you, see this article and go to the Membership Rules section.
What your Discussions will look like to your Advocates