Switching an Administrator Account to an Advocate Account
If you are looking to convert an administrator to an advocate on your hub, you can follow the instructions below. Before we get started, there are two points to keep in mind:
- There is no automatic way of downgrading an administrator account to an advocate account
- An email address can only be registered to one user in the hub. The same e-mail address cannot be registered to both an advocate account and an administrator account.
Let’s get started:
- Login as an admin and go to Settings > System > User Management
- Click on the name of the admin
- Check the box next to Disable Account at the top left corner of the pop-up window
- Change the Email address to a dummy testing address (you can be creative and make something up)
- Now, you can invite the “administrator” that you have just disabled to join your Hub as an advocate. They can sign up using the same email address.
Here is an animated GIF showing steps one to four:
If you want to upgrade an advocate account to an administrator, please review this article.